Sunday, September 21, 2008

I think the shock is finally wearing off, and reality is setting in...

For those that haven't read my e-mail yet, I found out a few days ago that I will be deploying to Iraq in five weeks... It is a mixed bag of emotions, really. I am excited for the trauma experience and the possibility of getting some flight nursing time in, but not so much in the fact that this will be the third time in a year that I will have to pack up and go somewhere new. It gets exhausting (for those that have never experienced it before).

The one highlight of it all is that I will be deploying with my good friend Leah, and we will be traveling together out of Ft. Benning. Needless to say, we are both a little less anxious about the whole situation knowing that we will be together.

I guess there isn't much else to say about it yet, but I will keep everyone posted. I will keep my blog up while I am deployed, and I am sure I will have more pre-deployment hijinx to blog about in California and Columbus before I head off to the sandbox!

66HM5 out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Waxler said...

Hey! Sorry to hear about your deployment. How long will you be gone? I hope this doesn't mess up your upcoming wedding. Well best of luck over there and be safe. Best wishes and my thought & prayers are with you.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home