Friday, September 16, 2005

Las Cruces, NM

Bonjour a tous! Well, day two of my journey was just as interesting as day one...

Things I did (or happened to me) today:

-Spotted Sore Finger Road as I crossed the state line into Arizona. Just thought it was funny that someone would come up with that sort of a name for a road...

-Was tempted to buy a Sundance luxury home "starting in the 100,000's". The only problem... they are being built 50 miles outside of Phoenix.

-Was almost run off the road by a girl who did not seem the least bit concerned that she almost severely injured both of us, and then later, a school bus.

-Drove across an entire state. (I know, I know, but this is the first time I have ever done it.)

-Passed the exit for both the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility and the Fairgrounds... Don't pick up hitchikers on your way home from a day of fun at the fair!

-Crossed the Continental Divide (for those of you that don't know, it is nothing more than a sign with an elevation marker). Quite the disappointment for such a grand-sounding landmark.

-Crossed the Rio Grande

Las Cruces is a much bigger town, but you have to be an "early eater," because even on a date night, most restaurants pack it in by 9:30. Even the Dairy Queen was dark by 10:00 when I returned to the hotel.

Well, since it isn't quite time for Late Night, no Top Ten tonight... and I am terribly beat.

Ft. Sam or bust! On to San Antonio tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home