Thursday, April 16, 2009

Of course...

The visibility conditions were completely normal this morning, but I am sure that I will have more opportunities to take pictures of sandstorms while I am here.

Anyhow, today was actually a pretty interesting day. I had the opportunity to attend the Chief Nurse Conference at one of Saddam's old palaces that we converted into a hotel and conference center. It is a beautiful palace on a man-made lake, surrounded by smaller palaces, that you can actually fish on. It was quite lovely to sit out on the porch overlooking the water and sip a cup of coffee between presentations. Apparently, it is one of 90-some-odd palaces that Saddam built, but he only stayed at this particular one about seven times. As you can see, there is another huge palace across the water, because one huge palace for one person just isn't enough! I took more pictures, but unfortunately they just don't do the real thing justice! We didn't get to tour the palace, but there are scheduled tours of all of the palaces that I will get to go on during my stay here.

Well, I just wanted to pop on and post a quick blog, but I must get to a nap now, as I work later tonight.

66HM5 out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Waxler said...

Amazing pictures. I can just imagine what they must look like inside. At least we know he lived well while he oppressed the people of his country, LMAO. Hope your well.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home