Friday, March 27, 2009

Ft. Benning in a flash...

We arrived at Ft. Benning on the 21st and it was a fast and furious week of training, readiness processing and three rounds of gear issue... The highlight of the week was the M9 range in the driving rain. Surprisingly I did fairly well and shot a 24 out of 30. Just a little photographic evidence of how hard it was raining and how proud I was to have shot so well despite my shaking hands due to the cold...

I also got to see quite a few people while I was here, which was great. I hadn't seen Tas or Angela in over a year, so I was really excited to spend some time with them. I also saw some of the third-year resident docs at the hospital before they are off to their next duty stations as attendings, which was nice, since I have such fond memories of working with them as little baby docs. Ha-ha.

This morning, we cleaned up the barracks and packed all of our gear into a box truck and headed to Atlanta in a cushy tour bus. Checking in for a military flight is just a little more involved than checking in for a normal flight... Especially with a weapon. According to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, I have 145.2 pounds of gear that I will be toting around with me for a few months on my little adventure to the desert. It is crazy that my gear is 20 pounds heavier than I am... Ha-ha.

Well, it is time to get on the plane... I'll try to update from Shannon, Ireland before I lose communication for a bit once we get in country.

66HM5 out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home