Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Graduated and on the road again...

Well, the Captain's Career Course is over and Michael and I drove out of San Antonio today. I had a great nine weeks and it was a wonderful working vacation, despite a few stressful projects. I learned a lot about TO&E units and was exposed to the Army's decision making and problem solving processes. Additionally, I met an awesome group of people, to include a French-speaking Canadian Officer! with the French language in common, we became fast friends and spoke French on occasion. Here are Captain Simard and I right after graduation.

It is kind of ironic that I am leaving Ft Sam the day before I signed in to OBC on active duty as a brand new 2LT five years ago. It is pretty fun to look back through my blogs from OBC and to see how much I have changed and grown in my young Army career.

Anyhow, after a so-so breakfast at IHOP and a stop at the last Starbucks in San Antonio before the 552 mile trip to El Paso, we were on our way! I couldn't resist capturing the moment, since I was wearing my UCSF t-shirt. :) It was a pretty uneventful drive with a stop in Sonora and Ft. Stockton (for happy hour at Sonic). We were lucky enough to dodge a few rather large thunderstorms, but still managed to get a little rain. After 9 hours in the car, we drove into El Paso, ordered pizza, and are about to crash out in our room at the Armed Services YMCA.

It is on to Phoenix tomorrow! Yeah!

66HM5 (and Michael) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home