Sunday, January 06, 2008

A new chapter begins...

As most of you know, I made the difficult decision to pack up my life and leave my friends in Columbus, GA and move to our nation's capital... Washington DC. I am starting the Critical Care Nursing Course tomorrow, and am a little nervous to say the least. Driving around here is a huge challenge and it will be interesting to see if I can find my way back to the hospital tomorrow morning! Ha-ha.

My trip up here was largely uneventful... Jinx surprisingly did fairly well in the car. I am very proud of her! The first day of driving ended in Chapel Hill, NC and I stayed with my cousin, Emily and her boyfriend Josh. Jinx found a nice spot in the back of the couch to hide out in via a rip in the fabric... Ha-ha. The next morning, we headed out again with Dumfries, VA as our next destination for the day. In Dumfries, I stayed with my cousin Jim, his wife Rhonda and their four children. I had to board Jinx for a day, then retrieve her on Saturday and she stayed in the garage until we took off on Sunday. I think riding in the car was less stressful than when we actually stopped for the day. I felt so bad for her, because she was so scared when we would get out of the car and stay somewhere new. She is still adjusting to the new apartment as well, but things will be back to "normal" soon for her. Just a few photos from my trip... Just in case some of you have never experienced the Southern, or Northern Carolina, or Virginia state lines. They were all new for me, so I had to document them! Ha-ha. I am a dork, and yes, I am already aware of this fact!

Well, I am off to bed, so that I can be at least semi-fresh for the first day of class... Yikes, it is back to school for me! Wish me luck, I might actually need some for this new chapter in my Army adventure!

66H8A (in training) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home