Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have never experienced insomnia before...

Maybe because I am not running around and being worked to death with 20 of my own patients every day? Who knows, but I have had the worst trouble sleeping for the past three or four days! I even killed myself on the treadmill at 4:30 this morning with 4 1/2 miles of hills at a 9:30 minute mile pace, after being awake all night, and I am STILL wide awake at 10:30. I watched a movie and tried to go to bed with no luck, then read for a few hours and tried to go to bed with no luck, and now I am blogging... This is a huge deal for a girl who NEVER has trouble sleeping!

Anyhow, things are just moving along... I have been away from home for a little over a month now, and in theater for a few days shy of one month as well. It is strange, for as long as the days seem, time is going rather quickly. We have had a couple of good dust/sand storms now and I finally got some quality daylight pictures! And voila... Here they are! As you can see, the visibility is pretty bad sometimes. I almost got run down by some Private in a humvee that was driving far too fast at night in extremely poor visibility about a week ago. I was very upset and yelled at him, but of course, he couldn't hear me. Good thing I am quick on my feet and was paying attention! Unfortunately, the color that you see in the photos, is the everyday norm. Everything is brown and sandy... Wait, I just lied... I will have to take a few pictures of the ring of palm trees that are right outside of the gate... Those are green, but that is about it. Ha-ha.

Other than that, all I have been doing is working, running, eating and catching up on the great American tradition of movies and popcorn...

66HM5 out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home