Monday, June 22, 2009

A little imagination...

I walked back to my room unusually slow after work tonight because it was so nice out... Warm, balmy, and a little breezy... If I could have taken my boots and socks off, put my toes in the sand volleyball court, and closed my eyes, I would have sworn I was in Hawaii (minus the ocean sounds, of course). It was also startlingly dark outside, despite the moon being out and the glow of green lights in REM II. To document how clear it was tonight, which is a rarity, I had to take a picture of the moon...

I have been feeling a little nostalgic as of late due to reconnecting with some old highschool friends (one of which I have known since grade school), so I thought I would jot down a few good high school memories and associated thoughts after chatting with my friend Tanya... U2 at the Oakland Coliseum, swimming hijinx, a "procured" Guidance Center sign, getting a favorite book, crushes, AP English senior year, cutting class on a warm February day to go to the beach, Paris, getting the only 100% and 15 in the class on one of Ms. Phelps's AP US History exams the whole year, getting out of school at noon, the feeling of another day done, graduation, my first love, my first broken heart, and a rebound date gone wrong that couldn't have yielded a better result, mixed in with so many more... And now, everyone is all grown up with careers, businesses, families, and homes.

It is really too strange how time seems to move so slow in the moment, but flies by in the blink of an eye. I turned 21 yesterday, and now I have been in the Army for four years, and I am just about tripping over 32... How does that happen?!

Well, after that walk down memory lane, it is time to go get a run in before bed...

66HM5 out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home