Sunday, January 13, 2008

The fun begins...

So, I am getting settled in here in DC and I just started the Critical Care Nursing Course here at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and I have the distinct feeling that it will be the most challenging 14 weeks of my life. It is like drinking from the firehose of knowledge and spitting it back out on a test every week for the first six weeks. Then, we move onto clinical for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week... Not to mention the 3-4 hours of preparation each night for clinical the next day. Oh yeah, and somewhere in there, we need to fit PT in too. Ha-ha!

For a bit of socialization and exercise, I joined the DC Roadrunners and I am going to try to run with them a few days a week. I figured that I would need a little diversion so that I won't go totally crazy! Along with the DC Roadrunners, I have a few friends here to keep me sane as well, one of which just finished the course in mid-December, so she can empathize with me fairly well. Ha-ha. Thanks Erin! We actually went out to dinner the other night and caught up on what has been happening in our lives since Officer Basic Course. And both of our lives have changed tremendously!

I rented a furnished apartment in DC that is in a very up-and-coming neighborhood, with a Starbucks on every corner and lots of bars and restaurants... Perfect for a girl who likes the nightlife and studying at Starbucks. Jinx loves being here and adores not having to share a living space with anyone but me... She is such a princess, I swear! Here is the view from my apartment, nothing spectacular, but definitely different from my apartment in Georgia! It isn't as big as my old apartment, but it is definitely liveable for the next few months. The big challenge is going to be finding somewhere to live in Hawaii!

Well, I must get back to studying, I have my first test tomorrow, and I want to do well! It is considered bad form to bolo the first test and really doesn't make a good impression on the instructors... And for those of you that know me fairly well, know that I don't tolerate poor performance from myself! Ha-ha.

Until next time!

66H8A (in training) out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Enjoyed the pictures!! I didn't know you had a blog!! I hope that school is going well for you and you are enjoying DC!! Sounds like it's fun so far!! I have been there once and it was years ago! What I can remember, it was a fun place! Take care and keep in touch!!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home