Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rest in peace my sweet Jinx...

I post this entry with a very heavy heart... On April 12, 2011 at 9:35 am, Michael and I had to bid Jinx adieu. She was suffering from a severe, progressive respiratory disease and had taken a sharp turn for the worse over the last few weeks. We couldn't bear to see her suffer any longer, and the prednisone we were giving her just wasn't relieving her symptoms anymore. Dr. Moran at Presidio Way Veterinary Hospital was the kindest, most compassionate person we could have asked for in sending Jinx to kitty heaven.

My mom agreed to let Michael and I bury her up at her property near Jackson, CA and my dad was kind enough to make her a little box and sent it from Portland. I am incredibly appreciative that he put so much love and thought into her box. Here it is to the left. I teared up when I saw that he cut out her name in wood letters and glued it to the lid. Michael and I bought her a little stone marker that had her name, the year she was born, the date she died and the inscription "forever loved and deeply missed". We buried her on the 16th under a little plum tree near the well pump house on my mom's property. We had a nice service for her and I am finally feeling a sense of peace and closure, but I still miss her like crazy and keep expecting to see her when I walk into the flat. To the right is me next to her little grave. The next time Michael and I go up to the property, I am going to bring a bag of bulb flowers and plant them around her stone marker. She was such a great travel companion, friend, cuddler and embodied the true definition of unconditional love. Everyone that met her ended up loving her.

Things have been a little somber around the flat this week, and even Buttercup is having a hard time with Jinx being gone... He looks for her on occasion and has been extra cuddly lately. I think he really misses her too, even though she wasn't very playful the past three months she was here. He still would sleep by her and try to play with her a couple of times a day. But he is adjusting and things are slowly getting back to normal around here.

My little Jinx... Here's to a decade of companionship, cuddles, purrs, over 5,000 miles of travel, three duty stations, many late nights of studying, and a lifetime of rememberence. I love you my sweet girl and I miss you every day.

66HM5 out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home