Monday, January 21, 2008

18 degrees this morning...

So, it is officially cold here! I experienced my first snowfall here in DC a few days ago and it was beautiful! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me at school and by the time I got home, it was raining and nearly all the snow had melted. Boo-hoo on nature!

I know that you are all dying to know how school is going for me, so here goes! As I mentioned to a friend of mine that I use to work with, I began my bid for class domination with the highest score on the first exam... Oh yeah! We have our second test tomorrow on the cardiac system, hemodynamic monitoring, the 12-lead electrocardiogram and cardiovascular drugs. I have A LOT of studying to do today!!

The one feature I feel that need to revive in my blog is the quote of the day... We had an awesome guest-lecturer at the begining of the week on the cardiac conduction system and he provided me with a gem of a quote!

Quote of the day (Monday): MAJ Price, AN - "PEA (pulseless electrical activity) works great if you want to die..." I just about laughed out loud because of the way he said it, it was so funny. For those of you who are unaware of what PEA is, it is when a patient's heart is generating some sort of electrical impulse (that you can see on the cardiac monitor), but it is not strong enough to actually make the heart beat, so if you check their pulse, they don't have one. Sort of strange, and REALLY bad if you are just treating the monitor and not the patient!

On to the rest of the week... My friends Niki and Janston stopped through DC on the way to go skiing for the long weekend, so we hopped on the metro and went to the National Museum of Natural History on the Mall and peeked around for a bit. We saw an awesome wildlife photography exhibit, lots of animals and the Hope Diamond. It is absolutely breathtaking and blue, for those that don't know. Just a picture or two for your enjoyment! Ha-ha, I just realized the angle of the skeleton photo is awesome! Like the skeleton is looking right at Niki as she took the picture... Good camera work girl! I couldn't help but take a picture of the dingo... "Maybe the dingo ate your baby!" Oh, too funny... Anyhow, after we closed the museum down, we hopped back on the metro and headed to Buca di Beppo for dinner. I am so excited... I live less than a mile from the Buca here in DC! I have a feeling that more often than not, there will be Buca leftovers in my fridge! Sweet!

Well, other than studying here and there this weekend, that is about it for now... I am off to hit the books!

66H8A (in training) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home