Sunday, August 20, 2006

100th blog...

Wow, so this is a pretty momentous occasion... I am not sure I have committed to any sort of "journaling" long enough to make it to 100 entries, so yay for me!!

Okay, on to the good stuff... The last week had both some highs and lows. While we have a nice little group for comedy on Thursday nights now, the show was sold out this week, and we couldn't even get "will call" seats... The crappiest part is, I start nights TONIGHT (poopies), Kim starts working evenings (3-11) and her daughter comes back from Texas next week, so no comedy for her for the next 8 weeks. Needless to say, it was a downer that we didn't get to see the show on Thursday, but Kim, Tas, Leah, Josh, Jim, Dan and myself had a good time drinking some beers and playing stupid bar video games nonetheless. I also added to my MySpace t-shirt photo collection, courtesy of Tas...

Friday night, I hung out with Jim, Dan (Armor Dan, not the aforementioned Infantry Dan), Jenna (Dan's woman), and our new neighbor Luis (a Medical Service LT) at SOHO. The band was actually really good that night, as opposed to the usual crappy bands they have playing. Little did I know, it was "Pimps and Hoes" night... I was definitely NOT dressed to impress... Jim, however, was rocking his button-down shirt and 80's sportcoat, so we had to immortalize it with a "Pimp" photo... We always play it up because people think I'm Jim's "Hoe" anyways. It is great fun to just keep people guessing...

Last night was the most fun I have had in quite awhile; Kim, Leah, Josh, Tas and I went bowling/drinking at Peach Lanes. I am surprised they didn't take our picture and ask us politely to never come back... But it really wasn't our fault! We definitely got a bum lane... We had to call the desk several times for help with our screen that didn't work correctly, to re-rack the pins several times because the sweeper was stuck, and to clear pins out of the gutter once. Well, apparently we used the call button so much, that it got stuck and they had to come down to the lane AGAIN to fix it. Ha-ha! But the coup de grace of the evening was Tas -- On the last frame of our last game, there was a pin stuck in the right gutter of our lane... Tas threw the ball, it went into the gutter, hit the pin with such force that it flew out of the gutter, hit the marquee above our lane and knocked it, and the marquee above the lane to our left, down. Both marquees fell onto the lanes, and the attendants had to come down to our lane once again to put the marquees back up... Of course, Audrey had her trusty camera to capture the evening's debauchery... Just a side note... Doesn't Tas look like he should be in a Lucky Charms commercial? We thought his "capri" pants were hilarious...

Well, that is about it for now... It was a pretty good blow-out weekend before all of our schedules change at work. I am off to watch a "My Super Sweet-Sixteen" marathon, then try to go back to sleep for a bit before work...

66H out...

1 Comments:

Blogger AndieB said...

Love the myspace pics! Great idea!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home