Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day one back on the wagon...

Today I decided that I have been off the exercise wagon long enough... So, I strapped on my new running shoes, grabbed my Dell DJ, packed my suit and headed to post. I ended up running two miles on the treadmill (I could have run another mile, but I decided to play it smart and not kill my muscles the first time back), then I jumped in the pool and swam about 1,000 yards. I always hate swimming less than 2,000 yards, because it just feels like a waste, but then, I remember that I don't swim distance anymore... Ha-ha!

I decided that I want to run the Atlanta half-marathon in November. I told myself that I was going to run two halfs this year... That probably won't happen, but I could at least get this one in. I had so much fun running the San Diego half-marathon last year, that I want to run more. I wish I could have run the SD half again, but California in August was not in the cards.

Well, I am off to stir the stew and press out a uniform for work tomorrow... I only work an 8 tomorrow, yay! Back to the gym tomorrow...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home