Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A little motivation...

So, I have one more day of work before I get to head to sunny Panama City, Florida for a mini-vacation... Well, it is only for the weekend, but it will be a weekend away from the dreaded Columbus. As you may imagine, I am terribly excited... I have never been to Florida, and it has been ages since I have been to the beach.

The mere thought of a little vacation motivates me to do some laundry, make sure my apartment is clean, make sure the bills are paid, and makes me want to go workout... However, I did eat a little Phish Food for breakfast, so that makes me want to go workout too... Ha-ha.

In terms of work, things are going well... Kicking my butt on a daily basis, but going well. I have been charge nurse by myself three times now, and I am actually getting the hang of it. It is actually a good fit for me, because I get to tell people what to do and tell people "no" when they try to steal my nurses to do clerical work on other floors (the ICU tried to get the Nursing Supervisor to take one of my nurses, with three patients of her own, to do clerical work down in the ICU because they were busy... Uhhh, yeah, we are always busy on the 6th floor). I have also precepted one of the new LTs on the floor a couple of times as well, which is fun, because I love to teach.

I guess I had better get going, I need to go into work for a little "competency folder action"...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home