Friday, April 18, 2008

Am I out of Virginia yet?!

Was the question I asked myself as I changed course from I-95 to I-81 via I-64, heading to Nashville to hang out with Misty for a few days, upon her request. So, I can now say that it is possible to drive around the state of Virginia for six hours... Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful country with lots of farmland, horses and cows, but man, was I tired of being in Virginia... About 40 miles from the state line I stopped at a cute old-fashioned Tastee-Freeze for a GIANT soft serve ice cream cone, costing me a whopping $1.52. It was a really nice treat after being in the car for 5 hours. Begrudgingly, I got back in the car and kept going... Finally, at 4:15 pm, I crossed the state line into Tennessee. I got into Nashville at about 8:00 pm and then Misty, Randi and I went out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner... Yummy!

The next day, I pretty much hung out around the house while Misty was at work, then I accompanied her a Mended Hearts meeting where she spoke about Tennessee Donor Services and networked. It was actually an interesting experience and I am going to overnight some baked goods to them for their bake sale on the 2nd of May. They are a great organization that does a lot of fundraising to donate automated external defibrillators and CPR mannequins to other organizations and groups, along with putting out smoking cessation information and information about heart disease.

This morning, I got myself together, packed up the car and the cat once again and headed for Georgia. Along the way, I stopped at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo for a whirlwind visit. It was really fun! They turned the old train depot into a hotel/restaurant/tourist attraction with a rail car that you can ride in! I didn't have time to ride the train, but I walked around, took some photos and bought a couple of souvenirs. I ran out of time to go see it before I left Georgia for Washington, DC back in December and I knew that I would never see it if I didn't go today.

I got into Columbus around 6:00 PM and headed to the hospital to pick up my new orders and visit some friends. It was so great to see everyone, but bittersweet because I can't stay... I guess I am just really nervous about working somewhere new and having to make new friends. In addition, there is a lot of pressure on me to do well and get my M5, or I will be headed back to Medical-Surgical nursing hell... That would be disasterous to have gone through a terribly hard course, with all of the associated work, to then go back to a Medical-Surgical floor. Good thing I am a tenatious girl who won't let that happen... Not over my dead body anyhow! Ha-ha.

Well, I am off to bed because Leah, Josh and I are going to get out and do something tomorrow... We aren't sure what yet, but knowing us, we will figure it out!

66H (in transition) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home