Sunday, April 13, 2008

Changes again...

I am feeling fairly contemplative about my upcoming move as I sit here listening to iTunes and drinking a cup of coffee, putting off packing for another 1/2 hour or so...

We graduate on Tuesday and it has been a fairly tumultuous 14 weeks for me. I have realized that the ICU is not the place for me... So, after a successful meeting with my course director and my branch manager, I am going to be heading back to the ER instead of to the ICU. However, they don't need any ER nurses in Hawaii... So I am now off to El Paso, TX instead. I know it is sort of a disappointing change, but I am happy to be going back to work in a care area that I love. The other benefit about going to Texas is that Will and I will be closer to our families, and we are both happy about that.

Anyhow, the last two days have been quite fun. On Friday night Jess, Brian, Duane, Melinda and I went to Austin Grill to get some food, drink a little and blow off some steam. We had a great time and Jess ended up being the dance instructor for the evening... She had almost everyone up dancing with her! I was dying, it was great. Last night, Martha had all of us over at her house for a BBQ and more drinking. It was beautiful and warm outside, so we sat outside by the fire pit until 11:00 PM just talking, drinking and laughing. It was such great way to end the course and bond. It is a bittersweet thing for me to be honest... I am sad that this portion of my Army experience is ending, because I have met some great people, but I am happy to be going back to nursing in the ER instead of going to an ICU.

Well, I guess I had better get to packing... I drive out of DC on Wednesday morning, and my apartment is a wreck...

66H (in transition) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home