Sunday, November 20, 2005

Austin, we have a problem...

So, I ended up not going to Austin this weekend... My friend Erin and I had a little communication mishap on Friday night... No one's fault, it just happened. So, I might try to get up to Austin to see my friend on my way out of Texas.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I learned how to play Texas hold 'em and I went to my first free tournament on Saturday night with Steve and Charlie. I had so much fun and I am getting better every time I play. I won three hands, and one of them was actually a pretty big pot, so I was stoked! I stayed in for about an hour or so and did better than about half of the players. We are playing in Charlie's room tomorrow night and we are going to another free tournament on Tuesday night. Watch out boys and girls, Nurse Wratchett is on the loose and playing for cash!

Today I played soccer with some other OBC students. It was fun for a little while and then it got super competitive, which I didn't expect. I really don't play soccer, so I was hoping it would just be kind of a fun-kicking-the-ball-around afternoon, but it got way too serious for me. Oh well, I tried and got a little PT out of it too. Tonight I started working on my "I love Camp Bullis" t-shirt. It is going to be so fun!! To fill everyone in, Camp Bullis was where we did our field training. I wanted a little souvenir of my stay out at Camp B and since there wasn't a gift shop, I decided to make my own. I will post a picture of it when I am done!

All of the female nurses get fitted for our Nurse whites tomorrow. I am so excited!! I requested to be issued all dresses. They remind me of nurse uniforms straight out of the fifties, so retro and totally awesome! I know, I know, I am the biggest dork, but they are just so cute!! If we were authorized to wear the white caps, I would...

So I just noticed that this is my 25th post! Wow! For those of you that know how non-committal I am, this is quite the feat for me!! Maintaining a blog is actually kind of fun, I get to share my new adventures without having to e-mail all of the time. People get to come and go as they please and make all of the silly comments they want...

Well, my stomach is rumbly, and I definitely get quite cranky when I am hungry... Those that have experienced the crankiness will forgive me for signing off now...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home