Saturday, October 29, 2005

TGIF! (You have NO idea!)

Wow, all I can say is wow. It played out to be a long, long week... We were all getting a little stir-crazy after being in the same auditorium for 8 hours a day every day this week (10 hours on both Wednesday and Thursday). See examples below...

Question of the day (Thursday):
"What, no rhombi?" Posed by my friend Steve after inspecting a
doodle I created late in the afternoon. (Pictured at right.) I laughed so hard, I nearly had tears in my eyes. Simply put, he enjoys using the plural form of words ending in "us".

Quote of the early morning (Friday): Audrey - "You just don't care, do you?" Steve - "LOOK at my face..." (He was pointing to the near-scowl on his face as he said it.)

Quote of the mid-morning (Friday): Erin - "I haven't felt this suicidal in days..." (She foolishly failed to get a cup of coffee after our first break of the morning... Silly Erin!)

Quote of the afternoon (Friday): Erin - "I hate my beret. Can I just reiterate that?" (Her beret shrank, and it now leaves a red indentation across her forehead when she wears it.)

Song of the day: Bob Dylan's "Tangled Up in Blue". It came on the radio as we were driving to dinner. It was quite calming after a less-than-pleasant day.

Moving on... A bunch of us went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill tonight to celebrate surviving the gauntlet that was "massive information briefing overload" week. Good food, a good bottle of Chardonnay, and a MASSIVE slice of tiramisu made the whole week disappear...

I am not quite sure what is on the docket this weekend, except for laundry, homework, and the weekly trip to Wal-Mart of course. I will be sure to blog if anything materializes...

66H out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home