Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Praise the three-hour lunch!!

So it's been a week since my last post... Man, I feel like a slacker! I guess we just haven't been doing anything of note in the last week except tying up loose ends and getting ready to graduate from the OBC portion of our stay here at Ft. Sam. We still have two weeks to go in the Nurse track after OBC ends, so we aren't quite done yet, but we are getting very close...

The only thing of note to blog about is the Trauma Nursing Core Course that all of the nurses participated in this past weekend. While it mimicked OBC in terms of death by PowerPoint (DBPP), it was a great review and it was so nice to finally be engaged in nursing-type activities again. I also completed over half of my continuing education units for the next year and gained my first official certification, so that was nice as well. I can now competently assess a trauma patient... Well, we'll see about that...

Quote of the weekend: TNCC instructor - "No BP, no pee-pee." She was referring to the fact that if your blood pressure is not high enough, your kidneys' capacity to produce urine is decreased. I personally thought it was quite funny; Steve however, did not think it was quite so funny...

Oh, I almost forgot! Steve, Tas, and Charlie taught me how to play Texas hold 'em on Sunday night and I didn't play too badly. I won a couple of rounds that night, and they even asked me to play with them again last night. Again, I did pretty well last night and actually won a nice little pot on one round. They are so much fun!! It reminds me of playing water polo with all of my old guy friends in college.

I just looked at the clock and we STILL have an hour-and-a-half left of our lunch hour. So nice that I can indulge and watch a little OLTL... I haven't been able to do that since I left for OBC. Speaking of leaving for OBC, the last two Officers from our commissioning class started Infantry OBC last Thursday down at Ft. Benning... Get ready for the suck Marty and Peter! And like the good nurse and friend that I said I would be, I will split the extra Morphine between you guys... See you in about three weeks!

Oooh, Angeline and Natalie are catfighting over John again... Typical. Ha-ha, I miss OLTL so much! Well, gotta run and actually get something done before heading back to DBPP this afternoon...

66H out...

1 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Gotta love nurses!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home