Monday, November 28, 2005

Back in San Antonio

Wow, where to begin? Well, it was definitely an emotionally charged weekend... The boy (I mean that in the most affectionate way) and I had a good long talk about our conversation that went terribly awry on Wednesday night. So much miscommunication and upset stomachs, I am glad we got everything ironed out. It makes me sick to think about how upset we both were about the whole situation. Turns out that we still feel the same way about each other, but we are at such different points in our lives that we just aren't sure if it might work. The one thing we do agree on is the the last three months have been great; A fresh start, enjoying each other's company, and looking forward to phone calls and e-mails. Easy conversation over an awesome dinner at Tommaso's made the evening in SF and the Lagwagon show even better than I thought it was going to be. Not only was Lagwagon great, but The Lawrence Arms and the local SF band that played were great as well. I love it when I go to a show and all of the bands that play are good, AND I am in good company... It just makes the trip and parking hassle in SF worth it.

Song of the evening: "Violins" by Lagwagon. "How are you, how have you been, girl I miss you, wanna see you again..."

In other news, I ditched back-burner boy today over his voice mail when I landed in Phoenix. I am so over all of the broken plans and the lack of communication. Overall, he is a great guy and I hope that he doesn't kill himself with work before he's fifty. I kind of knew that I wouldn't see him again after I left for Texas, but he seemed so interested in continuing to see me that I thought it might be worth a try. Ha-ha, silly Audrey, what was I thinking?! After I called him I deleted his number from my phone, but it was still on my outgoing call log, so I had to randomly call some friends to get his number out of the queue. After all of my ingenuity in getting him completely out of my phone, I hope he doesn't call because then his number will be on my incoming call log... irritating. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that he won't call, which would suit me just fine.

Continuing with the boy theme tonight, I thought I would mention the e-mail that I got from my battle buddy Marty today. Apparently he and Peter (my other favorite Infantry buddy) are in the same squad and are neighbors down at Ft. Benning. It seems as if they are having a decent time and are doing a lot of PT to get ready for Ranger School. Get ready guys, Nurse Wratchett is about to crash the party!!

Well, the nurses are going back out to Camp Bullis for the next two days to do some fun mass casualty exercises, so that means that I need to get my beauty sleep...

66H out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

wow...you live a knock-em-down, drag-em-out, busy life my friend...

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home