Sunday, October 23, 2005

Caverns and Salsa!!

Today (I guess it was really yesterday at this point) some friends and I went to see some natural caverns about 20 minutes outside of San Antonio. They are amazing! All of the formations are so cool and even the bat guano from 5,000 years ago is still preserved!! Although I have to admit that my favorite part was the dinosaur...

Song that I had stuck in my head all day: "Died in Your Arms" by Cutting Crew. It played on Erin's iPod on the way to the caverns today and I ended up singing it all day, then downloading it from Napster, so that I could have it on my Dell DJ too. I had forgotten how great that song is. (Geez, is that last sentence even grammatically correct? Oh wait, was that what my upper division writing class was for? Guess I should have paid better attention...)

Biggest indulgence of the day (uhh, besides the jeans...): A full pedicure at the Wal-Mart nail salon. Kelly Preston gets her tootsies done at the local Wal-Mart when John Travolta flys them to their vacation home, so Sarah and I decided, if it is good enough for Kelly Preston...


After dinner, we went to Graham's Central Station to dance. Just as the natural caverns, all of the music styles at Graham's are neatly preserved by room. They have six themed dance floors. One room is top 40 80's music, one is country, one is hip-hop, one is salsa, one is rap, and the other is disco. Totally out of control! We spent the majority of the evening in the salsa room, so I proceeded to salsa my butt off with Luis (a spanish-only speaking Guatemalan dude that asked me to dance). Thank goodness my friend Miguel speaks Spanish and helped me talk to him. Luis ended up being a super cool guy that can cut the meanest salsa rug... I once told my super-salsa friend Jamie that if I salsa danced one more time, I would be so addicted that I would start taking lessons -- Apparently they teach salsa on Monday and Thursday evenings here on post in the gym, so I just might have to check it out...

Well, it is once again 4 in the morning and I guess I'd better turn in...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home