Saturday, October 22, 2005

A fresh haircut always makes me smile...

Well, we are back from our LAST WEEK IN THE FIELD! And yes, I do realize that I was just yelling in computerland... As for our last week out in the wild: We did so much hand-to-hand combatives this week, it was out of control. I definitely won't be wearing shorts and a tank top this weekend for fear that people might think I was actually beaten up. Wow. By Thursday the natives were getting restless, and we were all ready to come back to civilization. To our surprise, the cadre had us on the bus by 1:00 PM this afternoon, so that was awesome!

Treat of the afternoon: Hearing Dexy's Midnight Runners' "Come on Eileen" on the way to Northstar Mall for a haircut. Haircut you say? Oh yes, I chopped it. I have received rave reviews so far, so I am chalking it up to a success! Personally, I think it is the best cut that I have ever had.

Treat of the evening: Stuffing myself at PF Chang's with some OBC friends, then filling in the cracks with some strawberry ice cream from Amy's.

The best thing that happened to me today: I got the raddest birthday gifts in the mail today! (Right now, a pirate would be burying the booty... ha-ha!!) Now that I have all of you scratching your heads... I got a fun "What Would a Pirate Do?" Pee-Chee folder that has a skull-and-crossbones spinner on the front, so when I get bored out of my skull in class, I can spin it to different actions that a pirate might do on his ship in everyday life. I also got a box of Band-Aids that look like strips of bacon! I love the fact that my favorite breakfast meat and an essential item in my first-aid aresenal have found each other... I even got a little toy pig in the box! Lastly, I got the coolest shower curtain with a black cat on it that looks almost exactly like the cat tatoo I have on my back!! The box of aforementioned treasures, plus the t-shirts I ordered from Palmer Cash absolutely made my day!

Tomorrow, it is off to see the caverns outside of San Antonio, then it is out to party a little bit in the evening... Boys watch out, Audrey is sporting her new and improved 'do!

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home