Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I was a hurricane in my past life!

So I was cruising around Ask Jeeves to see if there was anything really interesting associated with my name (oh yeah, it is my day off...) and lookie what I found...

Hurricane Audrey (June 1957) is ranked as the sixth deadliest hurricane to hit the United States mainland since accurate record-keeping began in 1900. No storm to hit the US since had caused as many fatalities until Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Audrey remains the earliest storm of any Atlantic hurricane season to reach Category 4 intensity in the recorded history of the basin. (I happen to have held the record for the strongest storm to form before August for almost 50 years, until Hurricane Dennis broke it in 2005. When I meet him, I will give him a good what for...) But I still hold the record for the strongest storm ever to form in June, so there! At right is the NOAA radar image of my Hurricane prior to landfall...

Just like me, she remains one-of-a-kind, because the name Audrey was retired and will never be used for an Atlantic hurricane again.

Hmm, that has inspired me... Maybe I will be egocentric for awhile and post a little interesting fact about my name in each blog for a bit, that was fun!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home