Thursday, February 02, 2006

Forecast for today... Snow flurries

So we had some light snow flurries today down in the South... Not quite what I expected, but okay...

Well kids, it has been quite the interesting week... Namely Tuesday night. Jim and I checked out this bar near our apartment complex to see if it was worth going to, rather than driving all the way to downtown Columbus to go out. As soon as we walked in, I had a deja vu experience... It is very similar to Antonio's Nut House (my favorite bar in Palo Alto). I mean it has the painted ceiling tiles, the pool tables, the random pictures/bumper stickers/novelty items stuck to the mirrors above the bar, the gaudy lit up beer signs, and the same bucket bar stools. The only thing it doesn't have are the peanuts... Needless to say, I felt instantly at home and ordered a bud in a bottle for nostalgic purposes.

Now onto the fun part of the evening... Jim tried to sell me down the river to the some drunk guy that decided he was going to sit down at our table and chat with us. First he asked Jim if he was in the Army, and Jim said "Yes, I am." Then Tony (the drunk dude) looked at me, looked back at Jim and then asked him if we were married...

At this point Jim should have been the pal and at least said, "No, but she's my girlfriend." What does he decide to say instead... "No, she's just my neighbor." Tony then says, "Well, you should marry her;" To which I replied, "Yeah Jim, you should marry me!" Jim then suggested that we get married the next day. I told him that I was working until 3 pm, but that I could call the post Chapel to see if they had any 4 pm openings... It would have been nice, I was going to wear my Nurse Whites and Jim said he would wear his Dress Blues with his Cavalry hat... At that point Tony was laughing so hard at us that he fell out of his bar stool...

At that moment, Aerosmith's "Angel" shuffled on to the jukebox and Tony started singing along (it was so horrible, I can't even describe it). I told Jim that it should be our wedding song and proceed to ask Tony if he would sing it for us... He agreed and told us that he accepted payment for his vocal services in beer... At that point Jim and I gave it up and told Tony that we were not really getting married... You guessed it, after that Tony proceeded to hit on me (after all, I was wearing the infamous black, librarian-look cardigan sweater), but he was so drunk that he missed all over the place...

Later on, while Jim and I were giving him a ride to his friend's house, he wanted to give me his number, but I told him I didn't have a pen (hoping that would solve the problem)... But Tony had a better idea... He made me repeat his name and phone number so that I would remember it and give him a call. So ladies, if you are ever in the Columbus area and want to hang out with a sloppy drunk guy, give Tony Thompson a call at 706-561-1880...

Wow, I didn't realize the power that black cardigan sweater had, that is two weekends in a row that I have been hit on while rocking it! (I will be posting a picture of the magical sweater soon...)

Anyhow, one more day to go, then I get a day off... Blasted, I have to go do my Army mandated HIPPA training now...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home