Thursday, February 16, 2006

Code blue! Get the system disks, STAT...

So, I tried to reformat my laptop because it has been jacked for a few months now and I finally got some replacement disks from Dell, and this is how it went...

15 Feb 2006

0930: 1mg McAfee virus software and reboot... computer frozen
0945: 1mg McAfee virus software and reboot... computer still frozen
1005: 1mg McAfee virus software and reboot... some movement
1010: 1mg Microsoft Windows XP and reboot... frozen again
1020: called the code and took it to On Site Computer repair

I guess the good thing about having it done professionally is that I know it will be done right... So, for $160, I will have my computer back on-line by Saturday. I can't wait, this using random computers crap is seriously wearing on my last nerve.

On to other business... Valentine's day sucked. I was awakened against my will by sunlight coming through the broken blinds (thanks Jinx, appreciate that one) at 9 am, and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up, made some coffee and proceeded to cook... I made spinach dip and cheddar soup. Quite tasty I might add and the folks at work liked it too. After I cooked, I did three loads of laundry, and then got ready for work. Work was slow and the time absolutely dragged on and on. What made things worse is the fact that I can't check my e-mail from work, because Yahoo is a restricted site on our computers (luckily, I can still shop for shoes on Zappos.com).

On the bright side, Jinx didn't get mad at me for not getting her a card or presents... She was a good little Valentine I suppose...

And on an ironic note, maybe it is fitting, I don't know... It is clear that the boy and I have reached the end of the road. It's a good thing I guess... It was a long road and I'm tired, and I believe that he is tired too. Just no future in it, not much else to say.

Well, I am going to go feed the machine, the natives are getting restless...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home