Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Finally recovering from the horribleness that is "the night shift"

So, my buddies Marty and Peter are safely off to Ranger School... It will be really odd to not hear from them AT ALL for the next (hopefully only) 60 days or so. I told them to keep themselves as clean as they can, or they might end up at Martin Army with cellulitis... Yuck! Luckily, I got to hang out with them last weekend one last time at Savana's, where we had some beers (Marty and Peter more so than I, because someone had to be the slightly sober one of the group). I don't think I have ever seen Marty so drunk in my life, it was actually quite amusing, and really fun. I can't tell you how much I just adore these guys...

Anyhow, working nights this past weekend just about did me in... As much as I don't like working days, working 12-hour nights is the worst... I guess had I transitioned to working nights, it would not be so bad, but I go back to working days tomorrow. My body is just so confused... We also had a patient with schizo-affective disorder (that refused to take his psychiatric meds) who threatened to go AMA (against medical advice) to hit up the Krystal (a local fast-food chain). It would not have been so bad, but he started throwing things around in his room and yelling, which scared the four female nurses working that night. We almost had to call a "doctor strong" on him, but I called the doctor on duty that night to come up and talk to him, which calmed him down. He later apologized for his behavior, and blamed it on his hunger. I laughed, and told him that I understood, because I get really pissed-off when I am hungry too. We shared a good laugh about it, I gave him an Ambien, and it was sleepy-time for him.

In other news, I have found myself smiling more often than not lately. The boy that I like continues to surprise me (giving me new faith in the opposite sex)... We just have such a nice time being in each other's presence. And he is so polite... "Pleases" and "thank yous" are regular occurances, which blows me away every time... It's awesome.

Well, that is about it for now in the life of the LT.

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home