Monday, September 25, 2006

On leave at last...

So I am finally on leave! Got off the plane early yesterday, and pretty much went non-stop all day and into the night! As I was walking down the street to Peet's Coffee, I realized how much better the California sunshine is... How is it better you ask? Well, you can walk 200 yards and not sweat to death in 85-90 degree weather. 90 degrees in California is surprisingly bearable due to the zero percent humidity, compared to 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity back in Georgia... Needless to say, I am enjoying myself.

Anyhow, I headed straight to the Palo Alto Gordon Biersch last night to see my friend Katrina before she moves to Hawaii to go to school. I am terribly jealous, but I had the opportunity to choose Hawaii as my first duty station, so I guess I can't complain about Ft. Benning too much... Ha-ha. Anyhow, she is a great friend that I made working at the Buca and I will miss her terribly. Luckily, I will see her again on Friday at her going away bash. While at the Biersch, I got to see Jesse, one of my favorite bartenders. He gives me beer for free, I like him... Ladies, he is single and quite the looker! I will have to go back to the Biersch a couple of times to see my other favorite bartenders, Jill and Dan. Damn, does that mean I have to drink MORE Festbier?? Poor me...

After visiting the Buca and Gordon Biersch, I headed back down to San Jose to see Geoff, as he slaves away on the night shift at Jepp. I have to say, it is nice that we are both working nights right now, because we e-mail back and forth to keep each other awake and entertained. Sadly, the filters are always up at the hospital, so I can't send him funny videos, or silly stuff from the internet, but he always manages to send me crazy stuff. Sometimes I won't hear from him for a couple of hours, because if he doesn't have work to do, he gets to sleep... Unfortunately, it is considered poor form for nurses to sleep on the job... Ha-ha.

Well, you are now completely caught up for the day! Stay tuned for more exciting leave details and photos...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home