Friday, January 13, 2006

Getting my fix...

So I am at Kinko's paying out the nose to post some pictures that belong to a previous post... If you want to see how my apartment is coming along scroll down a few posts and check it out! (The Fortune Teller Miracle Fish is posted just for you Geoff! Congratulations again on the new Subee!)

Well, today was another excellent day for improving/learning new skills at Martin Army... I was three for three with IV's this morning in pre-op (all of my patients were extremely pleased), I did six ECG's by lunch, and gave three immunizations in the Pediatric Clinic this afternoon. Overall, I chalked it up as a successful day...

After I left the hospital, I had a fairly funny WTF moment of the day... I was at the PX getting diesel before heading home, and the fuel nozzle kept shutting off while I tried to pump. I went into the PX to tell the attendant the pump was not working and she suggested moving it around to see if it was a positioning issue, so I went back out and tried again, but to no avail. I pulled up to the next pump, began fueling my car and went back into the PX to tell her that the pump was truly broken. She proceeded to ask me, in front of several senior Special Forces NCOs, "Are you sure that your car takes diesel?" as if I didn't know what type of fuel my own car takes. All of the NCO's in line started to laugh as I told her, "Yes, my Turbo Diesel Volkswagen has taken diesel ever since it rolled out of the factory in Germany..." I guess it just wouldn't cross my mind to ask someone a question like that if they came back twice to tell me a pump was broken... Nonetheless, it was a pretty amusing end to the day.

Well kids, it is a Friday night and I am not about to burn any more of it by blogging. My friend Tas just called, so I may have to go cirrhose a few liver cells... Hey, I just made up the verb form of the noun cirrhosis! And the gas station attendant has the nerve to ask me if I am sure that my car takes diesel... Obviously I am much smarter than that!

66H out...

P.S. I also posted the picture of me cooking. For those that need to see it to believe it, go back to the January 2nd post... It is there in full color for you to marvel at!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home