Friday, January 20, 2006

Audrey partied too hard last night...

To begin, I just want everyone to know that I did not drive last night and that I woke up in my own apartment this afternoon... But I had so much to drink that I did not feel human until about 6 pm this evening. The best part about it is that Jim and I are going out again tonight... However, we do need to get shirts made that say "Not my boyfriend" and "Not my girlfriend," so that when we go out, we don't ruin each other's game... I am delighted to report that the highlight of the evening was some random dude that came over to Jim and said, "Is that your girlfriend? If she is, you scored, because she is absolutely gorgeous!" Wow, I thought I looked cute last night, but I guess the cardigan-sweater-librarian-look was really working for me last night.

Okay, so Jim is such a punk because I just found out that he stole one of my metal puzzle games from apartment!! Good thing I know where he lives... I guess I'll let it slide since he has been so nice about letting me use his computer. Jim you're the best neighbor ever...

Anyhow, back to the blog at hand... I worked my first full week of nights this week, and the two 12's sucked because the census was so low that there wasn't much to do. The 8 that I worked on Wednesday was cool because we had a pediatric admission, so we had quite a bit to do right at the end of our shift that made the time fly. I have Department of Nursing orientation Monday and Tuesday, finish out the week on nights, then it is back to days the week after next. I am excited because almost all of the major nursing care is done on day shift, so I will start doing a lot more than just learning how to chart on the computer.

Okay, so it is time for everyone's favorite part of my blog -- the reason you all keep tuning in... Fun with fortune cookies!

1. Your ambition keeps you ahead of others...
2. Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know man...
3. The only way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost...
4. You have a great deal of energy and self-reliance...

I mentioned in my last entry that I needed to come up with a new segment on my blog to keep your attention when I run out of fortunes. Well, I didn't have to think too hard because Jinx inspired the newest segment of my blog... What Jinx destroyed today.

So I woke up Monday morning to a crash in the living room... When I went out to inspect the damage, I found my five-arm floor lamp destroyed (pictured at right). She must have tried to jump on it, or climb on it, but whatever she tried to do, she broke all five arms off. Well, the electrical wiring was still intact, but the damage was irreparable. I have since purchased a replacement, but I placed it further away from the entertainment center to avoid a repeat appearance of the floor lamp in What Jinx destroyed today. Jinx is currently working on destroying the mini-blinds in my room, so its picture will soon be appearing as well...

In other news, I hate sheet rock screws... I hung curtains in my room and in the living room on Monday, and I had a massive run-in with the sheet rock screws included in the curtain rod kits... It might not have been so traumatic had the manufacturer included the correct size sheet rock screws, but now I will have to get some compound and the correct color of paint to fill the massive holes above the window in my room. The living room set was not so bad, because I got better sheet rock screws... Dad, you would have been horrified watching me try to hang the first set of curtains... It wasn't pretty.

Well, I have provided you with a comprehensive update of the week, and now I must go get ready to hit downtown Columbus again tonight... Not so much to drink tonight though, I really don't want to spent the rest of the day recovering tomorrow... Again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home