Saturday, March 04, 2006

Groundhog day...

So the whole week has been absolutely the same every single day... I promised myself that I was going to get up at 10 every morning to work out before going to work at 3, but ended up waking up at noon, dragging myself around for an hour, getting in the shower, then going to work. When I got to work, the same two LPN's were sitting in the report room in the same exact spot, every single day. Oh man, I felt like Bill Murray... Except, I'm the girl version.

Work was crazy every day this week... So many broken ankles, it's not even funny. I didn't get out of work on time all week. Speaking of work, I am applying for a part-time teaching position at a local community college LPN program, so I am quite excited about that. I am not sure where they are going to use me yet, but I could be hired as a Clinical Instructor and have students in a hospital setting, or be teaching in the nursing skills lab. I feel like this will be a good opportunity to give back to the community college system, help people learn, and improve my own skills in the process.

Moving on to the egocentric part of my blog... I use to be a kitchen internet appliance!

The Audrey web appliance by 3Com

The Audrey is a delightful web appliance made and sold by 3Com in the 2000-2001 period of the late dotcom boom. Meant to be the proverbial "kitchen computer" the Audrey is easy to use, comes on by touching anything (keyboard, screen, knobs) and is instantly on the net. When 3Com was acquired by Cisco, the Audrey was a casualty. (When it came out, my dad found an advertisement for it in a magazine, tore it out and gave it to me. When I unpacked my household goods, I found it!!)

Well, that is it for the week... I am off to go drink my coffee, NOT watch the Real Word: Key West anymore, and read my new David Foster Wallace book...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home