Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's my party...

So... the party is over, the food is gone and I have officially been 29 for two days... I never realized how stressful parties can be when you have people from all different facets of your life in one place and you are trying to talk to everyone, and make sure that no one is feeling left out. Now I know how brides and grooms feel at their wedding reception... Frazzled and sort of relieved when it is over. Ha-ha. But I really did have fun and was so happy to see everyone, especially my little cousins, Alex and Landon. They had a great time playing with Aidan and they were all being so cute running around the backyard.

I also was treated to my favorite cake on the planet, a marble burnt-almond cake from Dick's Bakery, courtesy of my Dad and Carolyn. It was SO good; I practically made myself sick eating two big pieces that night, but I definitely did not eat enough of it while I was home. Sorry I left so much of it Mom! (You would think my cousin Alex would be happier that I FINALLY cut the cake!)

Overall, it was a pretty chill evening at my Mom's house with mostly family and a few good friends.

After the festivities at the house, Niki and I went out to Carrie Nation's in downtown Los Gatos for a couple of beers. I forgot how much I love the bars out in California... It is perfectly acceptable to actually GET DRESSED to go out, instead of getting stared at when you put on something other than jeans and a t-shirt to go out in downtown Columbus. Oh well, different culture out West I guess.

Well, that is about it for now! I will keep you posted as my leave continues...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home