Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back in Georgia...

So I am finally home, well as of Sunday that is... What a great two weeks out in California!

However, I saved all of the excitement for the last few days of my vacation. On Friday night, I ran the 22nd annual Palo Alto Moonlight Run (photo at left). The race is held every year in late September/early October, under the full moon. I ran the same race in 2004, and decided that I wanted to run it again, since I would be home for it. I did fairly well, I came in 227th out of 656 people overall, and 23rd out of 78 women in my age group (20-29). They never have a photography service at the race, so I had to settle for a post-race photo by Mom.

After the race, I raced home (he-he), showered, ate, then drove over the hill to stay with Danielle and David for the night. The next morning, I was up bright and early (5:45 am) to head off to Big Sur, to run the 17th annual Big Sur Trail Marathon/Half-Marathon/5 Mile run (photo at right). I did the 5 Mile run... I may be crazy, but I am not THAT crazy... What the event coordinators fail to tell you on the website is that the 1,000 foot ascent occurs within the first 2.5 miles of the race... Ouch. The good news is, the last 2.5 miles of the race is a 1,000 foot descent... Sweet! For my tired little legs, I did fairly well in that race too. I finished 19th out of 65 people overall, and 2nd out of 11 women in my age group (25-29). Go Army!!

Needless to say, The plane ride home was brutal... My legs were so sore, and sitting in one spot for two-and-a-half hours at a time, nearly took me down when I had to get up and off the plane. So, the moral of that story kids, is running two races back-to-back was not the brightest idea I had all week... But still fun.

Since I got home, I have been spending mad time with the kitty, I have managed to see the boy several times, and have only worked once this week! Nice to still be on vacation while not having to take more leave time...

Well, you are now fully caught up with all of Audrey's fabulous leave details!

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home