Thursday, May 01, 2008

Finally settling in...

Well, I am finally getting things in order here in El Paso. I rented a cute little apartment on the west-end of El Paso with all of the amenities a girl could ask for... Gated access, 24-hour fitness center, pool, a little patio, trash pick-up, etc. Jinx seems to enjoy the new apartment too, because the windows are big and close to the floor so she can bird watch and enjoy the sunshine. I also live near two gas stations with diesel, a Wal-mart supercenter, a Taco Cabana, a Whataburger and a drive-thru Starbucks, so one could say that I have everything I could ever ask for! I will really feel at home when I get my phone, internet and cable set up next week.

Ft. Bliss is sort of an interesting place... It is HUGE, and I have taken a couple of unplanned tours of the post... Ha-ha. I did manage to find the gas station with diesel fuel, the PX and the commissary... Collectively known as the three most important places on post. There is a museum and Air Defense Artillery gift shop with various rockets, aircraft, and tanks on display in the parking lot (since Ft. Bliss is home of the ADA), as well as a little depiction of what the old Ft. Bliss looked like, complete with a couple of clay builings, faux horses and a little museum... Of course, me being the nerd that I am, I had to document them digitally. Ha-ha.

I finished in-processing to post yesterday and stopped by the hospital to meet my new Head Nurse and started in-processing to the company today. For those that have never had the pleasure of in-processing anywhere, it can be a slow and painful process, so I attack it like ripping off a band-aid... I just do it quickly; It still hurts, but you get it over with. Ha-ha.

Anyhow, I decided to take the afternoon off, since I have 5 days to in-process to the hospital and I got about 1/4 of it done today. So I sit here in the Starbucks, pirating the Super 8 Motel's free Wifi to surf the web, drinking my grande iced mocha, blogging and relaxing. Ha-ha.

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss you all...

66H (in transition) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home