Saturday, May 24, 2008

He was still wearing his green boot socks...

Why that will be the thing I remember most about the Soldier that came into the ER after shooting himself in the head with a .40 caliber pistol, I don't know... But he was wearing his green boot socks with his civilian clothes.

The Army is a strange thing, it really does become a part of the fabric of who you are, even when you are not in uniform or on duty. For example, at this very moment, I am sitting around the house in one of my PT shirts... I don't have to wear one again until Tuesday night, when I go back to work, but I am still wearing it for no reason in particular. The funny thing is, when my active duty service obligation is up next year, I will keep all of my uniforms and I will probably still wear my PT shirts, because the Army will always be a part of me.

Anyhow, the above was a rough ending to an emotionally rough week. I am ready for William to come home... Seven more months to go as of today. The official countdown begins...

66H (in transition) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home