Tuesday, May 06, 2008

$143.20 for flowers and plants?!

Yep, that's right... I spent almost $150 on plants yesterday...

I celebrated Cinco de Mayo with an excellent pulled chicken burrito from Taco Cabana, chips, guacamole and a little dirt on my hands from planting. I am a little anxious about it since this is my first endeavor with planting. I mean, I have had house plants before, but never transferred them to other, more stylish pots, or actually planted flowers. I tried quite hard to stack the deck as far in my favor as possible... I bought hearty flowers that like sun; I bought Miracle Gro potting mix that is supposed to be smart enough to regulate how much water it absorbs to prevent over, or under watering; and I bought them at Home Depot, which gives me 90 days to kill them and get new ones, or a refund. Ha-ha. We shall see if keeping plants alive is in my repertoire of talents. Just in case they don't survive, I made sure to have digital documentation that they actually thrived at one time...

Anyhow, I bought all of my navy blue scrubs, and some new clogs, so I am ready to rock-and-roll on my first day of work tomorrow. My only complaint is the colors we are allowed to wear... Navy blue or forest green, yuck. However, I did manage to find a shade of navy blue that isn't too bad, but it makes me feel like I am in nursing school all over again, since we wore navy blue scrubs during clinical. Oh well, whatever. I am still excited to get bact to work.

And getting back to work will be good for my wallet too... I have invested more money than I had intended in my last two "prevent-me-from-being-bored-out-of-my-mind" projects... But both of them turned out quite nice, so I guess it was worth it. Ha-ha. Aside from my planting project, I printed off four of my favorite photos of Will and I in black-and-white and framed them in matching photos to hang as a group in my little desk area. They turned out awesome and take me back to my fondest memories of us together.

Well, I guess that is about it for now...

66H (in transition) out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home