Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Too excited to sleep...

Well, I should be sleeping right now because I drive out of San Antonio later on this morning, but I am just too excited about beginning the next leg of my Army adventure... So, I will take this opportunity to blog about the last couple of days.

Even though I wasn't leaving until today, I started packing my room on Sunday morning because it was such a disaster area. For those of you that know me well, this doesn't come as much of a surprise. Mom, I know you are just shaking your head right now. GOING...


So, hear we are at about 3 pm on Sunday afternoon. I had some highly motivational music going on my Pocket DJ and was well on my way. I had almost everything packed and was ready to start loading the VW. Ma, aren't you proud?? GOING...

Okay, this is what my room looked like at 7 pm Sunday night. The VW was packed up tight except for my uniforms for Monday and some civilians to travel in for the next two days. It felt so good to not be scrambling to get everything done at the last minute, such a far cry than my normal planning/packing strategy. GONE!!

I also helped Sarah pack and get her car weighed at the local truck scales on Sunday night... Wow, what an experience in trucker culture... I almost bought Geoff a CB radio kit for his truck while we were at the truck stop gift shop... Good thing I already had his Christmas gifts picked out. Ha-Ha. However, the funniest part of the evening, by far, was trying to press the intercom button on the truck scale to get the attendant's attention. It was obviously designed for truckers to push it from the cab of their rigs... We got a pretty good laugh out of it, then we got food...

Moving on to today's events... We had a company run this morning at 5 am, followed by a painful day of outprocessing, and then the change of command ceremony for the outgoing/incoming commanders of A Co 187th, to round out the day. Sarah and I vetoed eating at the dining facility this evening, and opted for a local Mexican joint to celebrate our last night here in San Antonio. The food was so good, and now I am bummed that I won't be able to eat there again! :(

I ran some last minute errands, then headed back to post to say good-bye to Steve and help Sarah pack some more. When I got back to Sarah's room, she had another job in mind for me... Earlier in the week, I bought some bows to wrap Christmas presents, but found that a 50-pack was a bit too excessive for my needs, so we used them to wrap her boyfriend's birthday and Christmas presents, literally...

Quote of the day: Sarah - "Holy cats Audrey, Clint's presents look awesome!"

Aye! It's 12:56 am, I gotta go to bed! Stay tuned for the next installment of New Nurse Officer off on her Adventure from Mobile, AL...

66H out (the h-e-double hockey sticks) of San Antonio...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home