Thursday, January 12, 2006

Final score...

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for... My final score in the lab this morning was...

-15 successful draws
-3 missed draws (after three sticks each, then I got a lab tech)
-2 blown veins
-1 scaredy-cat Ranger... He was fun.

I spent the afternoon in the Pediatric Clinic doing assessments and giving shots. The little ones like you so much until the treatments, then they want nothing to do with you... Makes me think that I don't ever want to do Pediatric nursing. I love little ones too much for any of them to be scared of me... It would break my heart.

Tomorrow morning I am starting IV's for all pre-surgical patients, and tomorrow afternoon I will be doing ECG's and other cardiac monitoring procedures in the Cardiac Lab. I can't tell you how exhausting learning and executing new skills are. It seems as if my endorphins were in overdrive all day while I was doing procedures and by the end of the day I was totally wiped-out.

Okay, enough of the nursing junk! Let's get to the fun... Fun with fortune cookies!

1. You are a dreamer, and your thinking is inspirational...
2. You will be involved in many gatherings and parties...
3. A cheerful letter or message is on its way to you...
4. It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice...

Not too bad today... A couple of good ones to kick around.

Well, I didn't quite get all of my laundry done last night and I am -1 brown t-shirt, so I absolutely need to quit slacking, suck it up and do the last load tonight...

"In cadence..."

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home