Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My name is Sally O'Mally... and I'm 50!

To commemorate the fiftieth post on my blog, I pulled some inspiration from SNL's "The Best of Molly Shannon" for the title of today's post...

First of all, Geoff, you are such a good sport for commenting on my last four blogs... Who knew coersion would work so well? I just figured I would give you something to do in your downtime at work a few nights ago...

So I drew blood in the lab for three hours this morning... One soldier commented on how good I was at drawing blood, so I didn't tell him that he was my first stick in over a year. I just said, "Well, you are dealing with a professional..." I tried to keep my voice and hands from shaking as I said it. However, I don't think the general that I stuck thought I was so good... That was fun. Not the first vein I've blown, and I'm certain it won't be the last. Oh well, you don't always get it on the first stick... I am back in the lab again tomorrow and I will do all of the blood draws that come through my station, so by tomorrow afternoon I should be a pro...

I am also an official hospital employee now... Since we finished Hospital Orientation yesterday, I was allowed to get my picture ID badge today. With the temporary badge I felt like I was in nursing school clinicals again... People giving you the eye like you don't belong, or people asking the perennial question, "What do you do here again?" My picture turned out super-cute too, which is nice, since we must always have our badge on our collar with the picture facing out. I know it sounds silly, but people that know me well understand how picture-phobic I can be...

Wow, I am so glad that I saved my post as a draft earlier, or I would have missed out on posting the next item... The WTF (what the f**k) moment of the day: This is how a piece of mail was addressed to me today... LT and Mrs Adrey Richert. Uhhh, okay...

And now, for the second-fastest growing quiz sensation... Fun with fortune cookies:

1. You are sympathetic to the problems of others...
2. Acceptance is the key to peace of mind...
3. What the mind can concieve and believe it can achieve...
4. You are cheerful and well-liked... (How did they know?!)

Mixed bag today; Two good, two mediocre... For those of you just joining Fun with fortune cookies, the rules are outlined in both my December 22nd and 24th posts, so check 'em out and play along!!

Well, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, it is off to do some laundry...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home