Monday, March 06, 2006

I miss the Buca...

So I worked a very long 12-hour day today and I am ready for the next two days that I have off...

You might all be wondering about the title of my blog tonight... Well, today I took care of a soldier that is from Minneapolis, MN. For those of you that are not in the know, Buca opened its first restaurant there in 1993. As soon as he said he was from Minneapolis, I immediately asked him if he had ever eaten at the Buca... His eyes got big, he smiled and said "I miss Buca di Beppo so much, their food is awesome!" I said, "I know, I do too. I worked at the first Buca out in California while I was in school." He asked me if it was just the coolest place to work, and I said, "You know, it was one of the best jobs I ever had. It was fun most of the time, and I miss my friends there." I guess I can't help but not, I spent the better part of five years inside those walls. So, as a tribute to the Buca and table 14 (better known as the best table in the house, according to Michael)...

Okay enough sentiment for one evening... Oh goodness, I have the cutest kitten looking up at me, very patiently waiting for me to get off of the computer and pay her some quality attention... I guess I'd better go, I was gone for 14 hours today. To be continued...

66H out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home